Article 6. Powers of the regulatory council
The regulatory council shall exercise the following powers:
1) to make proposals to the competent authority on State policy on the development of the telecommunications sector;
2) to make proposals and recommendations to the central State administrative body on the issue of licences for telecommunications operations and services;
3) to establish technical standards and requirements for all types of network equipment and for equipment privately operated by customers from their premises which is connected to the core telecommunications network;
4) to establish and regulate interconnecting operators, and the general terms and conditions of revenue sharing agreements entered into between interconnecting operators; and
5) to determine criteria for the fixing of charges for telecommunications services.